Objectives and learning outcomes:
-Students develop theoretical and practical knowledge related to measurement instruments.
-Students can translate research principles (e.g. theory, methodological approach) into practice in small group collaboration.
-Students synthesize theoretical, methodological and empirical information into small report that emphasizes the process.
-Students reflect on group work and their own role in the group process, and formulate insights that will benefit their professional career.
- Introduction to research design
- Ethics of educational research
- Literature search (e.g. instruments)
- Practical experiences with interview, observation, questionnaire, scale and test instruments
- Planning small scale research in a small group
- Design and piloting of interview, observation, questionnaire, test and/or scale instrument
- Practical experience with data collection and analysis
- Evaluate the instruments and process in a small research report