|Site:||Turun yliopiston Moodle|
|Course:||Turun yliopiston Moodle|
|Date:||Monday, 2 October 2023, 11:28 AM|
1. Instructions for Teachers
These instructions (table of contents ->) are made for teaching personnel of University of Turku. Teacher Instructions are continuously developing so please tell us firstname.lastname@example.org what kind of instructions would you like to have. Please check the general instructions below first. Moodle is widely used in English-speaking countries, so it's user documentation is most up-to-date and well maintained in the links below. We have collected some guides here that mostly pertain to the University of Turku.
- General Instructions / Instructions for students on using Moodle
- Guick Guide for teachers for Moodle (by a world-wide Moodle community) is an excellent place to continue after viewing general instructions
- University of Turku instructions for teachers in Finnish
- Managing a Moodle course (by world-wide Moodle community)
- Moodle course homepage
- Resetting a Moodle course to delete student data. A requirement made by GDPR to be done 6 months after the last opportunity to complete the course.
- Also see: request for a new course in part 2, how to copy contents to a new course area in part 3 and external account request in part 4 of this documentation.
Should you wish to view videos instead, here is a playlist on YouTube showcasing Moodle 3.8. and its basic use.
2. Request for a new course
Link to new course request is: TY-New Course request – MoodleDocs
3. New External account Request
Link to the instructions is: TY-External account request – MoodleDocs
4. How to copy contents from the old course to a new course
If you want to have your course's structure, contents, assignments, forums etc. to be copied for new semester, you should first make request for a new course with course request form (if you do not already have that new course).
When you have the new course you can import contents from the old course to the new course. (You should have teacher role on both courses to perform import.)
Contents from old course will be imported without participants (teachers and students) and
without participant data (e.g. returned assignments, sent forum
messages, contents of wiki pages etc.).