4. How to change / reset password for external account (if login doesn't work)
How to change UTU account password?
Go to page https://idm.utu.fi (IdM) and change pasword via that page.
If it doesn't work or you have lost the password and you are not able to use suomi.fi e-identification (online banking credentials / mobile certificate), please be in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
UTU Account's passwod will expire in 190 days after the last change. In password change via IdM there is 2-5 minutess delay to work.
How to change External account password?
If you have external account (this is not UTU account for students and staff of University of Turku) then keep reading. Normally account is named like "local_", and then tree letters of your fistname and tree letters from your lastname.
To change password you need to be logged in the Moodle.
Normal password change:
- Open upper right corner your picture / person icon
- Select Profile
- click gear-icon > Change password
- Type current and 2 times new password and save changes
If you are not able to log on then follow next:
- Go page https://moodle.utu.fi/login/forgot_password.php?lang=en
- Type either your username OR email address, do not type both, leave another field empty.
- You will be able to reset your password by following instructions you will get in email. To make sure the cahge will work, do it as soon as you get to change link to the e-mail
- If you don't get the e-mail from Moodle, please be in contact with email@example.com
- Never tell anyone your password (even helpdesk).