4. How to change / reset password for external account (if login doesn't work)
How to change UTU account password?
Go to page https://idm.utu.fi (IdM) and change pasword via that page.
If it doesn't work or you have lost the password and you are not able to use suomi.fi e-identification (online banking credentials / mobile certificate), please be in contact with email@example.com
UTU Account's passwod will expire in 190 days after the last change. In password change via IdM there is 2-5 minutess delay to work.
How to change External account password?
If you have an external account (this is not UTU account for students and staff of University of Turku), then keep reading. Normally the external account is named like "local_", followed by three letters of your first name and three letters from your last name.
To change your password, you need to be logged into Moodle.
Normal password change:
- Open upper right corner your picture / person icon
- Select Profile
- click gear-icon > Change password
- Type current password first and new password 2 times, then save changes
If you are not able to log in, follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://moodle.utu.fi/login/forgot_password.php?lang=en
- Type either your username OR email address, do not type both. Leave another field empty.
- You will be able to reset your password by following the instructions sent to your email. To make sure the changing the password will work, do it as soon as you receive the change link to your email
- If you don't get the e-mail from Moodle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Never tell anyone your password (even helpdesk).